Bees dancing, ladybugs munching, worms pooping, butterflies pollinating–wow!
A meadow ecosystem is a dynamic place, as animals find food and water, shelter and safety.
Using the book If You Love Honey, spark your students’ creativity with the lesson “In My Meadow.”
Lesson Plan: In this activity, children write a story about one animal’s experience as it moves around in meadow.
Common Core Standards (ELA K-3)
- Key Ideas and Details K.1, 1.1, 2.1
- Craft and Structure K.7, 1.7, 2.7
- Text Types and Purposes K.3, 1.3, 2.3, 3.3
- LS1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structure and Function
- LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics
- LS4 Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity